Monday, October 27, 2008

Global Leadership Institute

Last Thursday, October 23rd, I completed/attended my third and final session with the Global Leadership Institute. I am now Certified. A certificate from the Institute will be made out to me, noting that I have attended three out of the four hosted seminars and that I am knowledgeable about the global environment in which we now live.

The seminars were fun, informative, and helpful. I learned about global leaders, cross-cultural communication (this seminar referenced "Kiss, Bow, or Shake Hands"), and being able to talk about and enhance my international experiences, whether here or abroad.

I may be a true nerd, because I get excited about knowledge. When I find an interesting video clip about Bollywood, or find an article about "New media's effect on children" (http://www.apa.org/monitor/feb03/unraveling.html), I can feel myself growing, expanding my perspectives, and it feels good. Not to mention, I think it makes me interesting when I can show someone else the Namaste (traditional Indian greeting/ show of respect).

No comments: